Friday, June 15, 2007

From June 10th to 15th

Not really in the mood to go into details of the rest of the trip.

After the day in Pompeii and Jan falling down the stairs, we left her back at the B&B and we went to Capri and took the bus to the Amalfi Coast road. Pretty much everyone hated the bus trip, and I'm not sure that they were all that impressed with Positano. I think it's the most beautiful city I've ever seen in Italy, but I think the ride to get there was so bad for just about everyone else that they didn't notice.

The next day we left Sorrento and drove to Sicily, took the ferry from Regio Calabria, and got to the house we rented there.

Silicy was beautiful, and I really enjoyed visiting San Piero Patti (Grandma Cili's parents' home town). Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of Sicily in the four days we were there.

On the 14th we drove to Catania airport and Dylan, Nicole, Jan and I flew to Rome, and everyone else flew to Venice. Dylan, Nicole, Jan and I flew home the following day, and the other seven are currently in Tuscany. They get back to Florida on Saturday.

Sorry for such an anti-climatic ending to the blog, at least from my perspective.

No comments: